POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten : Re: Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:33:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten
From: Xilo Musimene
Date: 20 Mar 2004 23:44:44
Message: <405d1dbc$1@news.povray.org>
> "Strange Attractors: Creating Patterns in Chaos (ISBN 1-55851-298-5)"
> by Julien C. Sprott

Excellent Tor!  I've started reading this at my job (in secret since I
shouldn't use the internet for personnal use!) and I found it extremely
interesting...

Actually, I decided to try to create a PHP script that will render one
of these Chaotic attractors and I will try to work toward a more fractal
attractor.  Eventually, I guess it will be pretty easy to port this PHP
code to OpenGL and have an interactive animation of it.  I could even
add a function that would output a povray code to render it...

Now, I haven't read much of the book, but I wonder if it's possible to
make nice looking strange att. in 3D?  Then POV-Ray will come handy to
make nice stereographs of the object.

Thanks,
   Simon